Taking mock tests is an essential part of the SSC Junior Engineer Exam preparation conducted by the Staff Selection Commission annually. Candidates should devote their time solely to revision and taking mock tests once they are done with the preparation. This will boost candidates’ confidence and also give them a real feel of the SSC JE exam, which can help calm nerves on the D-Day.
In order to clear the SSC Junior engineer exam, Aspirants seek different ways such as finding best study materials, online help, notes. They don’t understand it is not enough to just gather knowledge. The best preparation strategy is to practise free online mock tests numerous times, related to particular exams.You need to be aware of the exam pattern, difficulty level, year-wise trends, relevant topics and know how to use that knowledge.
In this article we have brought to the aspirants the reasons why it is important to take regular mock tests for SSC Junior Engineer exam and how taking mock tests regularly can help them sail through the examination.
Importance of Taking SSC JE Mock Test
- To familiarise yourself with the Junior Engineer paper pattern. Taking quality mock tests will help you know the SSC JE exam better. You will have a better understanding of the syllabus and pattern. You will also get to know where you stand in terms of your competition as many of these test series are taken by many candidates, and you can get your ranking among them.
- It helps learn things faster – According to some research, most people perform their best when under pressure. This helps you learn faster and absorb the concepts better. Finally, Mock test practice plays a very important role in success as the human mind learns best through repetition.
- It will keep you calm and focused – We all have come across aspirants who are incredibly talented and knowledgeable but have still failed to crack the exam. The answer lies mostly in their lack of practice. Being tested in an exam-like environment gives an accurate picture of how it is going to be on the D-day. Apart from that, mock tests also help you understand the dynamics of negative marking in the exam, so you understand ‘what to pick’ and ‘what to skip’.
- Boost your confidence – regularly taking mock tests boost confidence. Scoring well in a mock test gives candidates a sense of achievement which will boost confidence level. Also, taking mock tests regularly will help clarify concepts and doubts which in turn will help you gain more faith in yourself.
- To Boost Score – The most important thing for which candidates shred themselves day and night is getting high scores in the final exams. Mock Tests go a long way in helping you acquire the skills of mark-fetching. Mock tests practice on a regular basis gives you adequate practice of handling unexpected questions thrown at you in the exam. It helps you enhance time management skills and pressure-handling ability. Not just these, mock tests help candidates improve their speed to do questions that will help you answer faster and with more accuracy in the exam. Also, with daily mock tests you assess your strengths and weaknesses and steer your JE exam preparation in the right direction.
At the very least, mock tests are a valuable tool to understand what is missing in your preparation, and to realise the changes you need to make in the way you handle yourself during the real exam to get an optimum score. However, do not get discouraged by a low score in your mock tests. These are only ‘mock’ tests. Use them as a catapult to score high and to the best of your abilities in the real deal.
Candidates appearing for the upcoming SSC Junior Engineer exam can go through the detailed SSC JE Syllabus on the given link.