If you have started gaining some traction with your Amazon product, you might be wondering who to optimize your listing so you can rank and make sales consistently. Luckily, there are many actions you can take right now to make your product look more relevant for customers.
Optimizing to Enhance Visibility
Selecting the right keywords for the product is the correct way to ensure long-term success. The purpose of this optimization is receiving the biggest boost possible every time someone buys. The visibility you get will depend on some factors, however:
- The listing presentation: Making your listing more relevant for Amazon depends on the customer feedback, keywords utilized, headlines, among others. The exposure of the listing can vary depending on the Amazon algorithm updates.
- The competition: Imagine having a listing perfectly optimized. If everybody has the same listing quality, would it still count as an advantage? Because of this, Amazon listing optimization can only go so far. Our listing should be attractive enough to make customers buy our product instead of other options.
How to prepare your listing?
- Headline Keywords: When a potential buyer uses the search bar, Amazon displays the most relevant products for the typed words (probably the ones that include that word at the beginning of the title). A well-optimized listing finds a balance between competition and demand when selecting keywords. This data is available on websites like JungleScout, Merchant Words, Helium 10, Viral Launch, ZonKeywords, among others. Also, remember to include as many words as possible to have a more ranking probability.
- Bullet Points: The more keywords are in your product, the better leverage you will make per sale. Descriptions are the second most relevant element to rank, but also a tool to incentivize and sell to customers. The sellers should look for a combination that includes many keywords and also attracts buyers. This effect is possible with copywriting, highlighting benefits, or using colorful symbols.
- Backend Keywords: When editing the listing, there is a section where you can include other secondary keywords related to your item. Also, remember the typing space is limited: Amazon recommends putting keywords that haven’t appeared previously in the listing.
Optimizing the technical aspects of the product listing is the first step of the launching phase. The main objective is receiving the best rank possible, so the product reaches a greater public.
How To Make Your Product Sell?
Most beginners think a product will sell as soon as you make it live. For experienced sellers, the idea is as ridiculous as thinking that optimizing the listing also guarantees sales. Remember that an optimized listing only ranks when products receive sales.
- Images: When selling commodities, professional photography differentiates your offer in a market full of copies. The basic guidelines for the perfect picture are making using a white background, a big sample of the item, and HQ resolution.
- Reviews: Value, optimization, and differentiation are the core concepts of product optimization. Reviews are messages your customers leave to verify those parameters and share them with other potential buyers. Positive feedback makes it immensely easier to scale the e-commerce business. There are many ways to receive them like the Amazon Early Reviewer Program.
- Pricing: The way you price your product can make a difference in your sales and, therefore, your visibility. The right way to do it is by studying the best-sellers with tracking software like CamelCamelCamel.
If we look at most graphs, sellers start selling for almost no profit so they can reach more people. Selling a lot improves the rating and also the number of customers the offer reaches, allowing to price higher later.