The job of the interior designer is not only to make a house pretty; they also have the ability to transform a house into a unique harmonious haven. Since home is the place you return to for peace, relaxation and solace, having things in harmony creates an ambience which is conducive to it.
But in order to get the best out of the interior designer appointed, you need to understand how it works. Ensuring that your association with an interior decorator is actually fruitful, you need to follow the tips given below:
- Choice of the designer: This is the most crucial part of working with an interior designer. They should have a flair for design which matches yours completely. In order to ensure this, you need to take a look at the work they have previously done and check for parallels with the design you want. Communication is another key area which you should consider. If you are comfortable communicating with the designer, only then will you be able to convey your needs and desires regarding the designing of the house.
- Sample collection: Many a times you might not be able to exactly convey what you want. Hence in such cases, it is best to collect samples of the design so that the concept can be successfully communicated. On the other hand collection of samples of interior designs which you do not want also gives the interior designer a fair idea of how to execute the work to your satisfaction.
- Deciding in advance: It is very common to have pre-owned furniture, gadgets, showpieces etc. But when handing over the job of decorating the house to an interior decorator, you should have a firm idea of which pieces to retain and which to discard. This helps the designer to work around the same and incorporate them in their designs from the very beginning.
- Involving early: You should never delay the appointment of the interior designer. This point becomes especially important if it is an apartment or house under construction which you are thinking of designing professionally. The reason is that for a house under construction, the designer finds it easier to incorporate electrical, plumbing points, changes in the positions of doors and windows, if required etc. In fact involving the designer at the very beginning also makes it easier to understand the feasibility of the design and work around any problems which might arise such as it is easier to reorient a door or a window when the construction of the house is in the planning stages, than it is to move the same after it has been installed. In the second instance this leads to extra costs and delay in the timelines.
- Billing process clarification: The generation of the bill and the whole process of paying for the work done should be discussed and agreed upon at the very beginning. Unless this is done and executed correctly, your work would suffer both in the quality of output and the timeline within which it is slated for completion.
In order to ensure that the end-result justifies the money spent on the interior designer, you also need to do your homework well so that you can aid and guide the same towards achieving your dream home.